1. Sarahsartdiary.com: All rights reserved. No part of this blog/website may be used or reproduced in any manner (whether mechanically, electronically or by any other means including photocopying) without prior written consent except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or blogs. © Copyright 2019 Sarah Miles. All rights reserved. All use subject to Terms and Conditions of Use set forth here.
2. Sarah Miles respects the intellectual property rights of others. Upon proper notice, Sarah Miles will remove user posted comments, posts, messages, or other submissions on or to the Blog that violate copyright law, or suspend access to the Blog (or any portion thereof) to any user who repeatedly uses the Blog in violation of copyright law.
3. If you believe your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send Sarahsartdiary notification of claimed infringement (“Notice of Infringement”) with the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Sarahsartdiary to locate the material on the Blog; (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit Sarahsartdiary to contact you (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature.
By submitting a Notice of Infringement, you acknowledge and agree that Sarahsartdiary may forward your Notice of Infringement and any related communications to any users who posted the material identified in such notice.
4. Commercial Use of Sarahsartdiary blog Materials and Screen Shots. Reproduction, copying, or redistribution of materials on the Sarahsartdiary.com for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of Sarahsartdiary. To obtain permission to copy portions of this blog, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information in the body of the email:
- the content you wish to use;
- where, when and how it will be used (for example, a seminar, newsletter or news article);
- where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience;
- advice if there is any financial gain for the use of the requested material;
- how many copies will be produced and distributed;
- what other materials will be associated with the Sarah Miles content; and
- your name, title, company, address, email address and phone number.
Sarahsartdiary will evaluate and respond to your request as soon as possible. Sarahsartdiary reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of her copyrighted material, including text and images on her blog.
5. Links to Other Blogs, websites and/or Materials. Links may appear on the blog that may be used to link to other blog(s) or websites. These links are provided solely as a courtesy to Sarah Miles’s blog visitors. Sarahsartdiary has no control over the linked sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked sites. Sarahsartdiary is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked sites or any privacy or other practices of such sites. If you decide to access any of the linked sites, you do so entirely at your own risk. Sarahsartdairy reserves the right to terminate any link at any time.
6. Prohibited Actions. You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the blog in any way. Unauthorized use or modification of any information stored on the blog may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under Dutch law. You may not use the blog for anything other than a lawful and legitimate purpose. You agree not to use the blog to carry out any unauthorized alteration of any data or information on the blog or to conduct any activity that infringes on the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark or other rights of any person or entity. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on the blog.
In order to comply with the GDPR, we are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- our own legitimate business interests, or the legitimate business interests of our third party partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, vendors;
- the performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- your consent where appropriate; or
- compliance with our legal obligations, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- contact information, such as name, address, email, and phone;
- financial information, such as credit card and account information collected when you purchase products;
- identification information, such as gender and date of birth;
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, referring website address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages on our Site you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
This information helps to improve the Site and facilitates your online experience when accessing this Site.
How does Sarahsartdiary use personal data? The Information you give to us?
Sarahsartdiary will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and our future promoters, affiliates, or distributors;
- to contact you in the future to provide you with information about other goods we offer, or that are offered by our affiliates or third party vendors;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep Sarahsartdiary.com safe and secure.
Sarahsartdiary does not sell your Personal Data to any third parties. In the future, if we were to partner with third parties to provide some of the products available on our Site. We may sometimes disclose your Personal Data to those third parties, and they may collect your Personal Data in the first instance and provide it to Sarahsartdiary.com. Sarahsartdiary and any future partners will use your Personal Data for limited purposes as specified in this Policy. Sarahsartdiary would take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties use your Personal Data only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us and that they agree to provide protections for your Personal Data that are no less protective than those set out in this Policy.
Storage of your Personal Data: Sarahsartdiary will use reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing undertaken and the nature of the Personal Data we collect.
Sarahsartdiary will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us. Sarahsartdiary may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Personal Data
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- To receive a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you;
- To request that any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data be corrected or supplemented;
- To have your Personal Data erased, unless we have a legitimate reason to retain the Personal Data (such as if we are required to do so for legal reasons); and
- To ask us not to process your Personal Data for a particular purpose, including for marketing.
All of these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions. For example, we will not be obligated to erase your Personal Data if we need to retain it to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a written request to us using the contact information set forth below. We reserve the right to charge a fee in dealing with such a request as permitted by applicable law and regulations.
This is the personal blog of Sarah-Alice Miles. The opinions I express here are my own. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I have used my best efforts in preparing this information. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, applicability, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information in this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use. The material contained in this blog and posts is general in nature. You should seek independent financial and legal advice as appropriate to your own circumstances. I disclaim warranties (expressed or implied), merchant-ability, or fitness for any particular purpose. I shall not in any event be held liable for any loss or other damages including but not limited to special, incidental, consequential or other damages. As always the advice of a competent legal, tax, professional should be sought.
Updated 1st September 2019.